Careers at Rosy Apple Childcare.
Vacancies April 2022
We are currently looking for Level 3 qualified staff to join our teams in Preston.
We have full time / Part time / Term Time and Casual posts on offer.
Little Achievers Day Nursery (PR2 6BJ) and Little Achievers Urban Forest School (PR1 3QU) – if you are interested please email your CV email@example.com – please state the positions you wish to be considered for.
Job Description – Early Years Educator – Pedagogical Delivery
Purpose of post
To ensure a smooth-running base room within legal guidelines and following all company policies and procedures. To support the whole team
1. Deliver a quality educational programme, working with curiosity, Reggio inspired and in the moment planning initiatives.
2. Take part in planning, observations and the delivery of educational activities. Through continuous provision and in the moment planning. Monitor children’s progress and have procedures in place for children needing support, considering and working with tracking information.
3. Positive team building.
4. Work in partnership with parents and other professionals as required.
High standards of care and Education of the children
1. To provide a high standard provision of quality care and learning opportunities for all children.
2. Be aware of and act in accordance with current legislation, policy and procedures.
3. Foresee the needs of special / additional needs children and give physical, emotional, intellectual guidance as appropriate. Work with parents of special / additional needs children and other professionals to achieve integration and inclusion in the nursery.
4. To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
5. To ensure excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness are always maintained and be responsible for the Health and safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children.
6. Accurately record accidents and incident. Ensure the all reports are completed and signed by the LP prior to the parent receiving it.
7. Ensure all children are collected by someone known to the Nursery as policy.
8. Follow all company policies and procedures and ensure these are known by staff.
9. Work with other professionals as required from Lancashire county council including consultants and or inclusion teachers etc.
10. Complete observations and assessments of children ensure these are also completed by all childcare staff ensuring all are to a standard appropriate and in a timely manner.
11. Work alongside the Management team and staff to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled.
12. Support all staff and engage in a good positive staff team.
13. Act as a positive role model
14. Attend whole staff meetings.
15. Promote the company vision
Parents, carers and family members
1. Working in partnership with parents / carers / other family members and maintain good relationships and communication to facilitate day to day caring needs.
2. To ensure confidentiality of information received in line with company policy.
3. Keep up to date records for children in your group and review with parents at “information sharing weeks”. Ensure developmental information is ready for termly tracking reviews and use this information to help plan for the following term.
Training and Development
1. Participate in the training programmes of a wide variety of students (i.e. placements and volunteers) by giving guidance and support.
(This list is not exhaustive)
Personnel Specification –
• NVQ level 3 in Early Years Education and Childcare or other relevant qualification (essential)
• First Aid Certificate (desirable)
• Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (desirable)
• History of a successful childcare career
• Special needs experience useful but not essential
• Efficient organisational, delegation and time management skills
• Excellent communicator, confident
• Creative thinker, practical
• Uses common sense and has the ability to take on responsibility